Experienced Founders and $200k+ in Credits
Apply for the 2018 Fall class by Friday, August 24th.
We are a community of experienced tech industry professionals who are working on software technology startups and want to help others overcome the challenges inherent in starting a company.
We understand founders are busy, so we offer a simplified, low-commitment experience. When you join an FFL class, we ask you to:
- Attend one lunch and peer mentoring session in Palo Alto, CA
- Be an active member of the community and help each other out
Perks + Benefits
- One lunch and group mentoring session in Palo Alto, CA
- Online community with 200+ experienced alumni
- $15,000/$100,000 in Amazon Web Services credits
- $100,000 in Google Cloud Platform credits
- Up to $120,000 in IBM Cloud credits
- Up to $1,200 cash and fees waived for 2 years with First Republic Bank
- Free CRM and 90% off HubSpot Marketing and Sales Software
During the 5-hour program session in Palo Alto, CA, class members enjoy a social lunch followed by introductions. After a quick break and a class photo, we hold a peer mentoring session where each team can ask the group for advice about their most urgent question at the moment.
Everyone receives a class roster with contact information so teams can follow up with individual members or the entire class with additional questions or advice.
FFL does not take any equity. There’s a $5,900 program fee per startup to cover the costs of running the program. This fee is usually tax-deductible (check with your tax advisor to confirm).
Teams are required to be working on a software technology startup based in the United States.
Through our application and interview process, we primarily consider:
- Experience and past accomplishments of team members
- Team members’ drive, helpfulness, and product instinct
- Startup’s ability to benefit from FFL's community and partners
- Submit an application.
- If you already have a 1-pager or ppt presentation, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After the application deadline, we will invite some teams to join us for an interview via videochat.
Please make sure that all team members who want to participate in FFL are present for the interview. We welcome as many team members as you'd like--2 or 3 members is typical. We notify teams of their acceptance soon after all the interviews are completed, and the program session in Palo Alto, CA is scheduled for a few weeks later.
Our specialized program is not for everyone. Our low-commitment accelerator is best suited for experienced tech industry professionals who are interested in joining a community of like-minded founders and who can immediately benefit from our perks and benefits. Other accelerators are a better fit for startups whose members lack past work experience, need to fundraise urgently, or want weekly mentoring.
We started FFL because we want to help startups, and we like to work with founders that help each other. We are a community where all of our members can be encouraging, offer productive criticism when it makes sense, and support one another.